- Create a project if you don’t have one already.
- Enable the Deployment Manager API for the created project.
- Enable the Runtime Configuration API for the created project.
- Create a service account.
- Go to the IAM page and add the following
roles to the created service account:
- Compute Admin
- Storage Admin
- Deployment Manager Editor
- Cloud RuntimeConfig Admin
- Make sure you have a quota to run GPU instances:
- Go to the quotas page in “IAM & admin” and filter the list of services by setting the Metric field to “GPUs (all regions)”: https://console.cloud.google.com/iam-admin/quotas?metric=GPUs%20(all%20regions).
- Check the limit for the “Compute Engine API” service. If it’s a zero, select the service and click the ”[+] EDIT QUOTAS” button at the top of the page.
- Set a new quota limit to 1 or more and submit the request.
- Install Google Cloud SDK.
- Before using Spotty commands like
spotty runand others, make sure that the
GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALSenvironmental variable is set up and contains the path to your service account key file: